In addition to comparing the home, when doing a walk thru inspection of the home, you need to consider the following questions for the initial walk through checklist:
- Is there enough room for both the present and the future?
- Are there enough bedrooms and bathrooms?
- Is the home structurally sound?
- Do the mechanical systems and appliances work?
- Is the yard big enough?
- Do you like the floor plan?
- Will your furniture fit in the space? Is there enough storage space?
- Imagine the home in good weather and bad – will you be happy with it year round?
Take your time and think carefully about each house you see. Ask your real estate agent to point out each home’s pros and cons from a professional standpoint, based on which you can determine the initial offer for the house.